PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MACC go on strike
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2003, 16:21
Fidgell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, now all that hot air has passed ill respond...
Firstly, I do appreciate the pressures of having an OJTI ticket, and yes I do have one too - but i enjoy exercising the right of it, and I get a thrill from seeing a talented trainee take the final step to validation.
Im interested in some of your comments though, are you honestly calling MACC a quiet unit??? PLEASE, southeast one of Europes busiest... S29 handling more traffic than it ever did at LATCC... and sure I beleive LACC guys/gals sit in coffee rooms wanting to be us, goes without saying really
DC10, I agree some folk will have big problems with the moves as some have situations outside work that NATS just simply couldnt understand or help with. However, can any of us see them offering the continued support that this may require. They dont care, me and you are moveable items like the furniture and thus shall be treated as such.
So, I gotta go for now ( probably better open some more of my windows in anticiaption of more of the previous hot air heading north!!! ).
I for one will look forward to the liason visits of these god like coffin-dodgers err i mean senior members of staff coming to MACC to see us ATCOs who "cant hack it" doing a first class job at one of our "quieter units"...

Come on guys wake up to the real world... this one doesnt start and stop in Southampton!!!

Fidgell