PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BK117
Thread: BK117
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2003, 15:13
helmet fire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have not yet experienced either of these vices operationally, however, i have heard the pitch up discussed over many beers, and the remedy that seemed most popular was to lower the collective. Several whom claim to have experienced the pitch up swear it works a treat.

As for the lasck of cyclic, I too thought it was a right turn. I saw it demonstrated on my endorsement (as I guess ALL BK drivers should have). I believe it is to do with rigging - and in particular, length of the pitch change rods. part of the B2 upgrade was a lengthening of the rods to compensate for this problem, and it does a good job of reducing it's impact - but it doesn't eliminate it altogether. Hopefully you will not experience it in a B2 operationally as it takes some agressive handling to get it into the condition.

Love Monkey (BTW, love the name!! ) you asked the question at the top, and then you answered yourself down here! How did you come across your answer?

And your call that it "seems like a significant flaw" is a big one. I reckon that they have sorted the roll issue out with the B2, and the pitch up seems to be relatively easily compensted for.