PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2016, 22:58
PilotsOfTheCaribbean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FANS,

Despite the "Trumpesque " degeneration of the tone of your argument, and the fact that you are undoubtably seeking "death by mod," you are of course entitled to your opinion, where those opinions don't require the vehicle of profanity or insult to lend them gravitas.

The suggestion that Monarch is in some way a bad employer couldn't be any further from the truth. Even when this particular trauma surfaced a fortnight ago, every employee had been paid just two days prior. I am in my fourth decade as an employee, and there is a very long list of people who have been employees far longer than I have. In 48 years they have never run payroll one single day late. Not one! Whatever criticism you might level at the business, being a "bad employer" is simply ludicrous!

As a pilot, There has never been one single occaission when I felt I didn't have the support of the companies management. And the one single thing (besides paying on time) that I admire them for, is their support and practicality. There has always been a mutual respect in that Captains are employed as responsible people doing a responsible job. To that end, sound decisions are always supported, even when with the benefit of hindsight, they weren't necessarily the best ones. I am sure there have been no end of times when we haven't annoyed the hell out of each other, but there has always been a mutual respect, acceptance, tolerance, support and friendship.

This is a company that has decades of offering apprenticeship training in engineering, sales, management, as well as pilots. Literally thousands of young people have been brought from school and offered not simply "jobs" but whole of life careers.

If I had to leave tomorrow it would be with a very heavy heart. Given the chance to do it all again, I would do it in a heartbeat. Whilst I can only speak for myself, I am certain that the vast majority of the people I work with feel exactly the same way. Even through the stressfull restructure of the company in 2014 and the further uncertainties of the last fortnight, work has still been a great place to be.

So by all means voice your opinion and criticise as you see fit. However your contention that this company is a bad employer or doesn't care about its employees simply belies even the most basic tenet of truth and in turn weakens your other opinions in its wake.