PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B787 - FLL based
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2016, 21:04
bafanguy

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Just checking to see if I'm understanding this offer correctly as it involves US citizens.

If an applicant only has an FAA ticket, he will get a license validation allowing him to fly EU acft for two years during which time he must get a full EASA license (14 writtens plus other stuff ?) to go beyond that point:

"If you hold an FAA flight crew license, Norwegian will support conversion training to obtain an EASA license during a time of up to 2 years. During this period, you will operate under a waiver on European registered aircraft."

But he's obligated to a 3 year bond the amount of which I've not seen documented...can't be cheap:

"For pilots not current on B787 or B777 there will be a training cost bond, being paid back or decreasing by 1/3 each year over three years..."

So, unless a person wants to get nailed for that 3rd year of the bond by bolting after only two years, he'll be studying for/taking those 14 writtens while flying internationally and being jet lagged...to complete the 3rd year ?

I must be missing something here. Please correct my impression.