PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 6
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2016, 20:27
SWBKCB

Received 94 Likes on 64 Posts
On a more serious note, has anyone ever seen an official update on the master plan?
No

If we liken it to a business plan, it will have key deliverables, time frames, hurdles etc and you would expect someone to measuring how progress is going against each of those deliverables.
Yes, that is what you would expect to see, and hopefully they exist and are being monitored - must admit, I wouldn't expect this to be in the public domain, but I would have expected some sort of update (even something like "the uncertainty created by Brexit is affecting investment plans..." )

Has anything being released?
No

Are things on track?
Who knows

Have new ideas emerged?
No

Expanding slightly, there has been very little comment of substance, and no updating of the plan. As there was no timescales in the Masterplan (odd sort of plan, then...), hard to say if things are on schedule. If the aim was to use the housebuilding to fund the rest of the development, that doesn't seem to be going slowly - my understanding is that planning has been applied for but not yet approved. The only new 'ideas' have been the somewhat tactical taking of opportunities such as Skydive StGeorge and the recently discussed waste firm - neither would seem to fit into any strategic vision for the site but help keep the wheels turning.

Last edited by SWBKCB; 13th Oct 2016 at 17:41.