PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2016, 22:47
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizzair A321 Turnaround Times

Just out of curiousity what turnaround time has Wizzair allocated for their A321's coming into Luton?

I think the A320's are allowed 25 minutes, just curious with these larger aircraft, what time have they allow for these? Bearing in mind they potentially hold an additional 60 passengers (33% increase on an A320) and this requires additional fuel and baggage to be loaded.

I think Wizz's A321, is the largest aircraft type to be operated by a proper Low Cost Carrier. While people could say Monarch operate the A321 and are a similar Low Cost airline, they are far more generous with turnaround times of usually a minimum of 45 to 75 minutes.

Also with these larger aircraft coming into Luton on a far more frequent basis, does this pose other issues, that are currently affecting the airport?

I know apron space is limited, and if these larger aircraft are coming in more often and taking longer to turnaround, does this cause problems? Especially with the Wizz rush at around 7.30-8.30am when there can be upto 10-15 Wizz aircraft on the ground and in the near future 4-5 of these could be A321's all at the same time.