PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2016, 10:51
anson harris

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Coming from a LH background, before that Euro LoCo, personally I find the BA LH roster pretty good. A lot of it depends on where you live. If you want to commute from abroad or even from more than a couple of hours away, then you are going to find some frustrations I guess, but that's your choice.
If you live within an hour's drive of LHR then I think it's actually pretty easy for now. I do 4-5 trips a month with credit for sims, leave, reserve etc. I've found BA to be enormously accommodating when I've had genuine problems such as sickness and a personal issue that prevented me going to work. They were even pretty awesome when there was nobody on reserve and I lost my ID... There's a very good electronic swap system backed up by decent (but overworked) Current Ops staff who in my experience always try to help you out if you approach it in the right way. The bidding system has a lot of plusses once you get a degree in BA history and customs. The training was incredibly grown-up, my colleagues are (on the whole...) very easy to work with and I feel incredibly lucky to have been working for BA for the last few years.
Yes, there are people that are deeply unhappy, but they seem to often have zero experience of other airlines, or other careers, or are disgruntled commuters who used to have an amazing (yet clearly unsustainable) lifestyle and have now had their lives turned upside down by EASA.

Last edited by anson harris; 9th Oct 2016 at 17:51.