PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2016, 09:37
nuclear weapon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been following this thread with interest and I have to admit I'm a bit surprised at some of the things I've read. Perhaps I was naive to think BA won't have some of the problems of the other airlines pilots are running away from.

However my biggest surprise so far as I've deduced from some of the posts is that BA don't do fixed links. This is a procedure where a crew is attached to the same aircraft for multiple sectors. I work outside of UK and where I'm based was standard procedure in my two previous companies. You can resume for a four sector day at 6am and be on your way home 2pm, provided weather corporates and aircraft doesn't go tech.

It reduces duty time and fatigue and so far most pilots myself included are happy with it. I find it hard to think a crew will do Lhr to Cdg and back then wait some hours to fly the same aircraft type currently tied up with another crew somewhere later in the day. Is there a reason for this or BA is too big for that to work. By the way the companies I was referring to are small in comparison.