PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adelaide in for a storm!
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2016, 03:24
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Via certifs:
Meanwhile in the real world China is closing old power stations, banning new ones and closing down mines.

From Wikipedia:

In early 2016 the building of new coal capacity continued at a significant pace with 406 GW proposed.[8] However, the central government issued directions in April 2016 curbing construction of new coal fired plants throughout the country.[9] This is in line with a moratorium issued by the National Energy Agency in 2015 banning new coal mines in China for a period of three years and closure of thousands of small coal mines.[10]
"From Wikipedia" Your new to this aren't yer certifs..

"China is closing old power stations" Considering China has a large number of old power plants it is no surprise that they is closing old power plants. Its like a car, it gets old and uneconomic to repair and gets traded in on the shiny new one with three times the horse power and full of bright new computer screens..

"banning new ones and closing down mining" certifs, you do understand that China is a command economy. All sectors of the Chinese economy 'suffer' constraints from time to time as the government 'adjusts' things. Power stations and coal mining is no different. I see they want more thermal coal mining now to act as a price 'adjustment'... amongst other things... NDRC loosens coal production restrictions - Global Times.

certifs, So, if as yer say it takes ten years to get things done in the coal station building game do that mean it will be ten years before they slow down the 'two a month' new station opening regime ? ...

certifs, the Chinese are fairly astute. Something tells me that their concerns of a slowing world economy, i.e., a slow down of world demand for Chinese goods, is likely the reason for their looking to slow the break-neck domestic development of the manufacturing sectors power supplies rather then the thinking of those afflicted with climate hysteria wishing it were something else..