PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IATA concerned about increase in problem passengers
Old 8th Oct 2016, 19:41
fokker1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry not to have had time to sift through all the above…

When I operate a typically problematic flight [ie: late night IBZ amongst others], I have the airport police at the gate with the dispatcher and am up there when able to say if I'm not going to accept a pax due to behaviour, that in my opinion, is lightly to cause a safety issue to the flight, or other passengers, due to the appearance of being intoxicated through drink or drugs, or for any reason I believe might may be detrimental to the safety flight.

I want people to have a safe flight, and yes, enjoy a drink, but I don't want passengers to have to sit next to a drunk who will be sick all over themselves, or the passengers next to them!

And, finally… When your aircraft is delayed from the previous sector [flight], it might just have been because your carrier had to recover/replace a row of seats due to projectile vomit.. So are you going to claim from the passenger? the airline? the duty free store? or litigate the passenger?

Answers on a post card please…

That is why I don't let clearly drunk people on my flight! I don't want to sit next to them, do you?

Last edited by fokker1000; 8th Oct 2016 at 19:44. Reason: typo