PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2016, 10:26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sporran

Couldn't agree more.

Wiggy
More recently there have been more lower credit three day trips than their used to be on some fleets ; some of it the routes, basically "Short Longhaul"...some of it with the newer equipment is down to faster flight times..often marginal differences but they add up, so yes you may well need to work more days to make CAP.
All I'm trying to do here is 'pressure test' the claim that LH works more days than it did? Or more precisely, understand WHY we might?

Annual CAP has not changed significantly? (Though CAP overrun in certain months can be significant.) Also the duty rig (on LH) has not changed either. In any event, LH credit is usually based on nothing more than 'block time'.

So my two questions are; what are these 'new' "Short Longhaul" destinations, and how much faster is the new equipment?

Because I don't think they're the reasons we are working harder.

In any event, significant numbers on LH always worked very close to 900 hours. That limit hasn't (yet) changed. So if they have remained on the same status, with similar destinations, how CAN they be working any harder?

I think you have to look elsewhere for your answers!

Edited to add: Obviously SH has 'enjoyed' a seismic shift in output under the current BACC!