PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2016, 20:27
Spookster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to add to wiggy's point, I actually have flown LH in the past, albeit different type - it wasn't nearly as tiring. So for me it's not that I can't stomach long haul itself. It's the combination of the BA style of LH coupled they do not mitogate that with a healthy level of work, addtionally the minimum time off between trips due to the way credit/cap works make it so destroying. You simply can't get away doing that in LH for 40 years without something breaking. Normally on the body first.

Every return is a deep night and there is often only regional airline length of days off afterwards. It simply isn't enough to recover let alone have a life that involves human interaction beyond a grunt. When I looked at sample rosters prior to joining it seemed 3 days plus were the norm after trips. Even at that, I knew that having done LH that was ok, not ideal but ok. The reality when I got here was semmingly different. It seems every minute there's a sentiment or e mail from above regarding working levels. I do regret my choice at the minute.

That said, I am aware that having been here just over a year it maybe worth giving it some time, have to see how it pans out. Like I said the company are decent and there are many benefits so that side is good.

Last edited by Spookster; 8th Oct 2016 at 05:54.