PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2016, 22:01
JulietSierra6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As someone in the long haul hold pool who was recently told a short haul offer is now more likely, this definitely makes for interesting reading.

Trying to weigh up whether or not to hold out for a long haul offer has been playing on my mind over the last few days. Now hearing guys say they miss their LOCO job is definitely food for thought. Having said all of that with potentially 40 years left in the job I genuinely believe it's in my best interest to accept whatever offer comes first, get my place on the seniority list and worry about fleets later on.

There are no doubt positives to life in the LOCO's but for myself as a 'contractor' the lack of pension, LOL, holiday pay, sick pay, travel benefits and the looming potential of a command based somewhere I don't want to be, on less money (in some places) than I'm on now, doesn't make staying all that appealing.

I am most definitely not discounting the issues mentioned regarding BA short haul, merely stating for some/most it is still a great career move and arguably still one of the best jobs around. Though what that says about where we are heading is for another time.