PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2016, 20:02
Lee Baker Street

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Copenhagen and London 3rd runway

Originally Posted by planedrive
You've gone from 'may well be starting to night stop' to 'will be night stopping' in a matter of hours? Do you have a source for your statements or are you just postulating?

I would be very amazed if a company as savvy as easyJet had decided to not load one of its most competitive routes on the day it loaded every single other route from Luton that will be continuing throughout the summer - although I would be very happy if you were to be proved right!
I personally can not see EasyJet giving up this service when the route shared with Ryanair from Luton will possibly generate around 600 thousand passengers a year if not more.

With STN being run almost exclusively for Ryanair and LGW reaching saturation point it will be interesting to see if LHR wins the 3rd runway and what possibilities LTN could have with a further few hundred million pounds investment?

One thing I do know is that Wigmore Park has dozens upon dozens of acres of unused land only used by illegal motorbike riders and the odd dog walkers. In fact I would say 60% of that park / wasteland could and should be used for the airport to expand. And with some tunnelling work and a new terminal with proportionate stands Luton could double its passenger levels.