PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2016, 19:32
2 Whites 2 Reds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wiggy

"Be advised that this isn't just an old f**t's grumble, of relevance to prospective DEPs is the fact is that for the first time we are hearing recent joiners starting to gripe publically (via Union and/or other comms) over hours worked/days off/roster predictability verses their previous employer - who was often a LoCo."

Thank god it's not just me. I'm a relatively recent joiner and have bumped into a large number of colleagues that joined around the same time or later than me who all feel the same. Many of us at the bottom feel very let down at the moment. I've been in little over a year and yet in that time I've watched both Bidline and Fixed FPA being whipped away. And now BALPA choose to pick a fight over things that affect those on a the jumbo and trainers while highlighting in the same letter that 25% of the pilot workforce have been in 5 years or less. Unreal really. The negativity around the place is overwhelming and it's not limited to either side of the flight deck door. Many of our ground based colleagues are also feeling the pinch.

I have to say, having aspired towards and frankly worked BLOODY hard to get into BA, it's all a bit disappointing at the moment. I feel like a spoiled brat saying that while there are many on this forum who'd give their right nut for my seat. Many will undoubtedly pipe up and say "if you don't like it, leave. I'll have your job!". I accept that. But right now, with all the negativity and racing to the bottom, I miss my old LOCO job where I was home every night.

Just my totally honest two cents worth.

To those of you waiting for the magic call or even a sim slot. Please see this post for what it is and not a whinge. It's an honest appraisal of one blokes interpretation of the current situation. There are still some serious tangible benefits to joining BA but the list of benefits is dwindling fast!

Very best of luck.