PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New posts since last visit problem?
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2016, 14:23
Tocsin

Received 34 Likes on 5 Posts
Screenshot is an example of what is still occurring, and was deliberately chosen as it shows the problem while having a relatively small number of threads.

In normal ops, when I log out the time of last visit is updated, and when I next log in threads that have new posts since that time are highlighted in bold . When I open up a thread by using the 'go to new posts' icon it positions me at the right point in the thread.

For the last few weeks, this has not been the case. Using the 'quick links' option to manually mark forums read makes no difference.

On the screenshot, my last visit is 22nd Sep 2016 at 14:35.

The threads 'I'd love to do this, Windows on a Mac' and 'The answer is do it first, or don't do it...' have last posts at 23rd Sep 07:35 and 22nd Sep 21:55 respectively. Therefore these threads should have titles in bold.

The two later threads, with last posts on 23rd Sep, are titled in bold. So, despite the system knowing my last visit was on 22nd Sep 2016 at 14:35, it fails to recognise new posts until sometime during the day on the 23rd Sep.

Currently, with a last visit of 4th Oct 15:23, there are threads on the Military Aviation forum up to 5th Oct 14:54 unmarked, and a go to last post on a marked thread takes me to a post dated 5th Oct 17:38 while there are other posts before that dated after my last visit.

I hope that lengthy description helps illustrate the issue a bit. I appreciate the problem is probably at my end, otherwise there would be more people raising it, but all other forum sites I visit are working as normal.

Any help would be appreciated, otherwise I'll try and set up a new user to see if that cures it!

Last edited by Tocsin; 6th Oct 2016 at 14:30. Reason: clarify bit about 'new posts' icon