PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Samsung Tablet / phone problems (Combined)
Old 6th Oct 2016, 13:01
Quantum of Solace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recent flights late September United Newark, NJ to SFO specific announcement about not turning on, using or charging new Samsung Galaxy Note 7. Sa. me announcement on Air New Zealand San Francisco-Auckland. Auckland- Melbourne.
Flights on Sichuan Airlines in April Melbourne to Chendu-Beijing and Hong Kong -Chendu-Melbourne with an internal Beijing-Chonqing flight had a tough rule on virtually all batteries. Had to be in carry-on only. I had a blister pack of a dozen non rechargeable alkaline batteries in my suitcase that was opened and inspected. I had a small coin pouch discovered and inspected as if it was not coins but button cells. Any recharge or battery extension rechargeable battery packs was inspected and the voltage and current had to be on the pack or it was seized.
On board the flight no smartphone could be used. even in flight mode but once at cruise the Chinese passengers took out their expensive iPads and could use them even if they had the same phone capabilities as my simple android phone I wanted to use to listen to music on my entertainment limited Sichuan flight.