PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B787 - LGW based
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2016, 12:13
Parkbremse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You see Bondi, when you want your opinion to be taken seriously, you should at least be precise in your argumentation. What you do however, is taking quotes out of context to undermine your point and just hope that nobody checks up on your "facts" because the report has 310 pages.

Your quote is on page 65 of the report in a paragraph about the situation of trade unions in the aviation sector specifically in germany. It has no connection to the situation in Norway or in Norwegian Airlines. If you want some background, i guess (a little bit of speculation on my part, i didnt write the report) what they refer to is the situation in germany that by german national law, pilots are specifically excluded from establishing a works council (according BetrVG) and the only option they have to establish one is to get their employer to recognize a union and establish a collective agreement, granting the pilots and theier work council the same rights as every other employee in germany already has. Of course, it all depends on the good will of the airline and there have been several cases in germany where the airline outright denied the pilots union recogniton and fired (or at least threatened to) the pilots trying to organize it. So yes, naturally these "...individuals concerned are no longer incentivized to organize themselves, as this may have detrimental repercussions upon their employment relationships in an already highly competitive environment". This is of course made worse by forms of non direct employment, however in germany, these types of employment are rare.

Also, while the report has financial support from the European Commission, it is neither from the EC nor is it their position. It is the work of four scientists from Ghent University and it is their position and opinion alone. The disclaimer is actually very specific on this, read it up in your document.