PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Long Haul International EBA is up!!
Old 5th Oct 2016, 09:55
skysook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Berealgetreal,

Perhaps you should take a page out of your own book.

1. 787's are nice but VA has 777's and A330's. Soon to be replaced with either 787's or A350's. So what's your point here?
2. Staff/Duty travel has been mentioned a number of times. Do you normally select an employer based on that? I hope not. For clarification VA get business class travel internationally on VA and Etihad and also $1000 of free travel with the ability to hand buddy sectors to anyone.
3. Progression into mainline? Are you still falling for those nice little EOI's they keep sending you to make you think you have a better chance than external applicants? With no combined seniority list and a pilot shortage across all subsidiary's do you really think they will cripple themselves by allowing "progression"? Group pilots are currently being held back whilst external applications are just about to start.
4. Profits in the group are exceptional. No one is arguing that. I still remember the pay freeze everyone served and the 5000 job cuts that got them there.
5. LWOP and secondments have been offered at VA in the past. So no difference there.

Can't seem to find the Jetstar hiring page anywhere either?

There is simply more pay, more time off and more interesting flying at VA with guaranteed progression on a combined seniority list.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention the most important part. The girls are better looking...