PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Long Haul International EBA is up!!
Old 5th Oct 2016, 02:40
Snakecharma

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Atlas, two years in this joint actually doesn't qualify you to whinge. You are barely checked to line. Many of us here have been here for a lot longer.

Many of us who have been here a lot longer are more passionate about the airline than you appear to be, are deeply concerned about the future of the company and the way it treats its people BUT at the end of the day it is still a good job. Could it be better? Absolutely, could it be worse? Absolutely- look at Jetstar, they get treated a bucket load worse than we do as far as I can tell, so I guess it is a matter of perspective.

Perhaps it is the difficulty of discerning intent and tone from the written word, but you sound like you hate the joint, and if that is the case then it only causes you, the people around you and the business grief if you stay, you are better off going elsewhere.

If it is a matter of you just have the ****s with a few things, then join the club! There is no doubt that the place is in a very difficult position as a result of decisions made by people who are or were in senior management positions.

The better solution, rather than bagging the joint out here on pprune is to get involved with your Union, my recommendation is the AFAP, but either way, channel your concern in a positive manner and do something about it.

As for being on the hold file for ages with no contact, that is unfortunate but I do know that this was not the intent of the flight ops people, rather just the way it panned out. As far as I can tell QF had people on their hold file for ages also, but at the end just wiped them and said start again.