PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the job prospects for new CPLs? (MERGED)
Old 4th Oct 2016, 23:30
Finnrotor.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chrispike7
The more I look into it the more my dream gets crushed to bits. You get one shot at this life and to spend £85k on a job where you might end up on £25k is just bloody awful. Im better off flying as a qualified PPL pilot as a hobby and enjoying flying whilst earning a nice salary as a salesman. This is the reality. Sad but true?! Someone please convince me otherwise.
Well, I'd like to but I can't. Times are hard in helicopter business at the moment. It's always been the price of oil & other natural resources that has been effecting this industry, worldwide speaking. There might be markets that are still doing ok but you don't get anywhere there without experience and right qualifications. And those markets might be in places where you are less than willing to move...

I'd go for CPL/ATPL(A) if i'd be 20 years younger, no question. After following this aviation-thing for more than 25 years there's much steadier (and usually better) income available there. Yeah it might be more boring but I'd say it still beats the salesman job any day.