PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2016, 14:33
KyleRB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it is the HNA Group, expect changes to the Monarch business model. I'm not sure why some here keep banging on about what the investors see in Monarch. They obviously see some potential and perhaps expansion opportunity that most here have no clue about. Sadly it doesn't stop some folk mouthing off like they know stuff when in reality they don't!

I have good connections at Monarch but don't work there. The previous Swiss Italian owners were very shrewd business people. They were not billionaires for nothing and played the system to their advantage. I don't think they really cared about Monarch, it served a purpose which run its course by 2014. Greybull were never long term investors and will almost certainly make a profit on their "£125 million" cash injection. There have been problems with certain Monarch management decisions but that applies to many companies in the UK. Not excusing it but it happens. I really do think there'll be changes to the modus operandi of the company. Time will reveal all.