PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B787 - LGW based
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2016, 12:40
Parkbremse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DragonFly-ing
I think he is trying to save a few good men and woman making a wrong decision in joining an agency who is employing contractors to operate Norwegian planes. Either under Irish, UK or Norwegian registration. If you speak up a bit about anything (20 days away from home in a row? Bad sick pay? Floating bases? Clowns in management bending the rules to upgrade themselves ahead of the group, and changing the rules after their own upgrade) within the company you are thrown out after your 2-3 year contract.

UK based longhaul pilots not paying tax to the HMRC?

Hey , it's all hearsay, but from good sources.
I think you should check your sources to come up with some facts instead of hearsay.

- Cant really comment about management but to be honest, but some hearsay about pilots bitching about management decisions I've heard literally about every airline on this planet, from Loco to Legacy.
-Afaik, everybody whose 3year contract ended got a new permanent contract with OSM and wasn't thrown out
-20 days away from home, not really from what i have seen so far. Might have been like that in the beginning but now, this seems to be the very rare exception and certainly not the norm.
-What are floating bases you talk about? The contract says base LGW and thats it. Of course you will fly from other bases but in that case they arrange travel between London and whatever place you fly from, including travel days. Just like in every other airline.
-Everybody living in the UK will pay UK taxes in full! Everybody not living in the UK will pay taxes according to the bilateral agreement between the UK and the country of living.