PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2016, 16:36
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That digger shot was taken a few weeks ago.

84 days until Christmas Eve when construction workers start their traditional 2 week break and only 72 working days if we allow for 6 day working. I think it is the case that the contractor hasn't told the airport about a delay yet. Unless they start adding some manpower I would say next Easter will be the new target completion date.

I think the multi story car park, walkways and cores will open around the end of this month or early November. The walkways have been fitted out with railings to stop people leaning against the plastic windows and failing through them to the ground below.

I know I am repeating myself here but this is a lost opportunity to have built something special with a fine view over the airport but the decision to replace the proposed glass with opaque conservatory roof type panels is I think a poor choice of material which has needed protecting with railings. I for one would rather walk at high level with a view rather than a featureless tube.

Once the multistory car park is open the existing short term car park can be either completely closed or half closed to allow resurfacing and remarking of parking spaces. That will make a massive difference to customers perceptions as I can't even start to describe how bad the existing surface is in places except to say that all suitcases have to be carried and not wheeled.

Oh and yesterday I was caught out yet again in a traffic jam that went beyond the roundabout at the Ibis.

Last edited by LTNman; 2nd Oct 2016 at 04:31.