PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2016, 09:00
daikilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A I understand, a holiday comany covered by ATOL has bookings protected when they are made, so a 2017 booking made up to 12th October will be covered (but Worth checking before you book).

It is still not obvious to me why some people seem to be mixing Monarch holidays with Monarch airline. If the claim is correct that there are 100000 holidaymakers currently on site, and there are 133 flights per day (presumably return flights) then around 4 days of return flying is needed for the Monarch fleet. This could suggest that over 50% of seats are actually for the Holidays arm, which is way above numbers I have seen elsewhere, and would suggest that the transition from IT to scheduled airline has not progressed as rapidly as some thought. I actually believe that the 100000 above may include traveller on other Airlines or with other Holiday companies suggestig that a higher percentage of seats are airline only.

As regards investors, from what I have read, there are only two, Greybull and the pension fund, so presumably addtional "current investors" money must have come from these two. However, are their investments in Monarch Holdings or split between the different parts of Monarch. Will the new investor replace one or other or be in addition to them.

Finally as the entire Monarch fleet is currently leased I would expect the 737s to be also, even if they are currently shown as an order for which commitment payments have probably been made. One way to release funds is to do some form of lease deal which could involve the lessor (or financier) making any future payments up to delivery. That said, the aircraft are for Monarch airline, not the Holiday company.

Last edited by daikilo; 1st Oct 2016 at 09:04. Reason: typos