PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2016, 14:21
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Construction update

This photo was taken looking out of the fire escape doors window and shows that some footings/foundations have been poured. The footings/foundations contain the threads for I assume the closest canopy supports plus the retaining wall. Either that or this is where the terminal extension will end but it seems too far out. I have no idea why there are concrete strips heading in the direction of the terminal but the strip on the far left has an extra set of threads fixed to the concrete.

This screen shot shows the same area from a side angle. The extreme right shows the original terminal with the new frontage projecting out.

More reinforcement rods are being assembled but have yet to be installed in their correct location. It has taken 9 months to get to this stage from when the contractor took over the closed bus station. A close examination of the middle of the photo shows the fire escape the above photo was taken from.

Work has started on the new pier. The pier is due to be completed by the end of next year.

Finally it is becoming clear that the new duel carriageway won't be finished this year despite what the airport is claiming. Next to nothing has been done either side of the tunnel now for weeks. With a new junction that will be controlled by traffic lights for the mid term car park not even being started yet and the digging out of the exit route down to the tunnel also not being started yet I am thinking there is just too much work to be done for completion this year.

Last edited by LTNman; 1st Oct 2016 at 17:27.