PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2016, 08:58
ATNotts

Received 286 Likes on 160 Posts
The real fault here is with Monarch management who have said nothing to dispel this and made no statement as to the airline's actual position - and appear to have mis-mananged the company (or perhaps got into to something they shouldn't have when they bought it). I can't imagine the management of Ryanair, BA EasyJet getting into this mess.
I'm struggling to understand what Monarch's management could have said. Had they said that everything was fine the usual suspects would have, and did, rubbish the statement.

Had they said they were in the brown sticky stuff, and negotiating with financiers to save the business they would have gone bankrupt.

They did, as I recall, say the business is operating profitably, and that talks were underway to secure further investment (dosh to you and I!). That, I would say was a fair assessment of their situation, without, to use a political cliche, "giving a running commentary".

The carriers you mention would have exactly the same dilemma, and the commentators would generally only want to believe their version of the truth, be it fact, or fiction.