PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2016, 07:09
ATNotts

Received 286 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by xraydice
Well well I come back to civilization after a few days away, I find chicken Licken is running around shouting that the sky is falling in.
For the purpose of the exercise insert the name of an airline, any airline, run a shadow repat schedule and a logistics fulfillment scenario,some one will pick up on it ,read more into the financial situation ( faced by nearly all operators ) In the old days rumor did not become reality through idle chat and speculation, now if it is repeated enough it will be accepted as the truth and the horses well and truly frightened.
If an airline goes it will go very quickly and with very little advance public notice.
Yes indeed, but with 21st century technology it's really hard for public facing businesses, particularly those that take customer's money upfront, to do business in private.

How, pre-FR24 and internet fora would anyone have found out and had the means to broadcast the chartering of aircraft by the CAA last weekend?

Is the world a better place as a result? Personally I doubt it, but we are where we are, and the clock ain't being turned back any time soon!