PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for the 2nd job
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2016, 10:33
Mr_Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep fishing but eyes on the prize.

Try and find a twin, any twin gig that you can. That being said...

as the brains trust above have said. Go and get your bloody subjects done you slacker.

If you want the gods honest truth, it is the thing that will hold you back the most and the thing you will need the least. It is a waste of time but it proves to the industry that you can actually sit down and apply yourself. That is all pure and simple.

This game is all about ticking the right boxes.

I am glad you have felt confident enough to move on to the twin box, and then the turbine, then multi few maybe.

But if you don't get those subjects sorted asap they will come to haunt you in a big way. Preventing you from getting better boxes... And if I remember my time up north it was all about scoring as many of these as you could.... I digress.

A lot of people I know did them up on the coast with the usual suspects (aft). It seems like big money, but the courses are good in providing you with some good contacts too. (even know of a couple of jobs that came about by doing it)

See if you can get the time squared away with your boss and take the time off work (staying in employment) or if not try and build up to sitting them all in one go and pack the car for the trip up and over the costal roads and rich red dirt.

Can't say I miss it, but it was a simpler time to have only one lot of debt to pay off and the future of bigger and better things to come... It sounds like you have the correct attitude... Be sure to enjoy the journey too. You will join the rank of grumpy old Capt brigade soon enough. And if you are lucky enough one day in the sim you might even be able to relate some of the useless knowledge you crammed for 10-15 years prior into a real and relatable circumstance.

But don't worry.... The computer will do most of it anyway.