PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More fun & games in the Magic Kingdom
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2003, 02:13
LawrenceOfArabia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Devils Advocate.....

I read with great interest some of the recent comments in the string. Although, I must admit to being surprised about the MM's vest, I thought I was the only person to privately purchase one!

Just as an aside, could you imagine the legal ramifications post a situation that saw (God Forbid) another shooting of a BAE SYSTEMS person, and it came to public knowledge that a member of the KSA EXEC purchased a vest, using company funds, because of an identified threat to us all. I think the company as a whole would be hung out to dry, on the issue of "Due Care and Diligence". So taking that into account, do you think this rumor has any substance?

As for concerns regarding those helping to secure our compounds, I would agree and urge you to pass on your thoughts and observations via Izzy5. Speaking from experience, it is the only way things will get better, please make the effort. If, you are not satisfied with the reply that you get, I know one person who would be more than happy to listen to you and pass along your concerns to those concerned...Paul Dugan.

I had debated whether to make this comment or not. However, I think the members of this forum will appreciate an insight based upon a different perspective. The current Head of Security may well not come across in a manner that is appreciated by some, and consequently attract a number of negative comments. But I think you should know that he is one of those individuals that has "actively" contributed to the improved security measures that we see in place today. His enthusiasm, and dedication have in part resulted in many tangible improvements. Believe me when I say he has made a difference along with others.

As usual Gents, I will look forward to your comments and thoughts....swing easy, and of course happy landings!!