PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2016, 18:28
FANS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cumbrianboy - you must have been born yesterday with believing the funding for future growth angle!

Talks between the firm and the CAA, which went on late last night, are likely to be focusing on the "significant investment" that the firm says it expects to announce in the coming days.
You do not spent a Sunday night negotiating over the investment with the CAA if it's not an emergency!

'we have secured investment for the purchase of our new 737-800s
Sorry to break this to you, but there's a big difference between Jet2 securing investment and Monarch "expecting to announce a significant investment"

every company refinances from time to time, and when they make an order for new planes, they need to finance the purchase. That seems obvious to me, and nothing in Monarch's statement today gave me cause for concern.
You'd normally get the finance before you order - in your obvious world, would you sign up to buy a house and then try and get a mortgage? I'd suggest that whilst you're not concerned, the CAA are - but maybe you know better than them.

Agree re the so-called "emergency funding". They already announced they are expecting a profit of £M40 at the end of their financial year, which is in October. Not much call there for any "emergencies".
Is profit the same as cash to pay bills.
Most companies in this situation talk of we have £x million cash in bank, and a committed revolving credit facility of £ym giving us a headroom of £zm. Monarch were, as usual, silent on this detail.

FANS...your posts are so negative that you must be salivating at the thought of 2800 staff at Monarch being made redundant!!!....you sad sad perso
Far from it. You just keep believing what you're told and it'll all be fine. there's no problem. this is just standard growing pains for a fast growing business.