PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2016, 09:06
yeoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Copenhagen
The UAL 744!is still heading towards TFS at 35k feet and 507 knots
Only doing 501 kts now. Maybe they've slowed down on company orders because the crisis is abating?

My point here is that clearly something is happening but nobody here knows what. Do they? Really?

So into the information vacuum steps speculation and a fair bit of vitriol, schadenfeude and stupidity.

Particularly offensive are the comments alluding to the glee supposedly being shown by those working for competitors. Yep, as a pilot for a direct competitor I think it would be fab if MON went belly up as it would really secure my position. Dog eat dog and all that.

Oh, hang on.....

Consumer confidence in IT holidays / non flag carriers damaged.
Next round of negotiations on anything Ts&Cs "well, we need to cut this, that and the other, look at what happened to MON" (I sit in negotiations like that frequently).
And so on, you get the idea or at least the slack handful of those here with any real experience of working in UK charter aviation do.

But most importantly, hundreds of people are now in real fear for their futures, some of whom are flying aircraft as we speak which is probably "sub optimum" as the accountants would term it. I don't know about anyone else but aviation being the small world it is, UK charter even more so, I'd wager that many will know people at MON from training, bar chat, the village boozer etc and not one will be rooting for losing MON from the field.

Please, stop with the vilification, take the dog for a walk or something and wait for the dust to settle.