PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captain 330/340 transfer policy
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2016, 03:26
CTWO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think many actions could have taken to "react" to the sad ek521 episode,if this is the concern ....to be honest we do not know...but it would appear like they are looking into raising the experience level on the fat lady (only the fat lady..I dare to add and only starting from sep 18th onward)...fair enough: even if I am one of the screwed one, I remember a few year back, those little bus skipper whom to jump the fence had to accrue 4yrs command 330/340 and 3000 hrs...Nevertheless they never had to seat on the right ,nor go again trough screening and "captain transfer course" (by the way: where is it again on the OMD?)

What bothers me the most is why not make us cruise captain or having us augmenting? Still another SAFE captain would be in charge and the cost would be probably less (now in theory we could have a fat lady with 4 FD7 pay grade in the cockpit...)...Logging CM2 time is a professional suicide and we know that...

I want to go even further..what about new made fat bus captain? and what about 777? Now experience is measured in tons and not in hours?

I believe I would have loved to learn a big deal from my colleagues on the 380 and I would have loved to augment even 3 years if that was asked to make them feel SAFE...now I just want to bail out. Forgive me guys but I think that no one will care about the few of us affected by this BS...and soon all will be forgotten in the usual numbness.