PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helideck aiming (TD/PM) circles
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2016, 13:17
212man

Received 336 Likes on 188 Posts
Check - obviously you don't get it. But, after reading some of the other posts I feel suitably re-educated:
      • Having realised I'm in the wrong place, it might be dangerous to actually enter the hover again, so I can adopt the "it's good enough for government work" stance and leave it there.
      • Being told where I should land is a breach of my fundamental human right to use airmanship in lieu of SOPs, so God forbid I actually use them.

I shall now consider that all those thousands of times I have put an aircraft down with my bum over the circle can be ascribed to a hitherto unknown case of OCD, so thanks for highlighting my illness and I shall seek a cure through the pages of this forum.

As an aside, to illustrate my belief in the importance of airmanship: in my last job (when writing the SOPs and checklists for the S92) my single sheet checklist for inflight use did not contain 'cruise' checks. My view was/is that the typical contents of such checks (as found in most North Sea operators' lists) constitute items that are intrinsic in 'airmanship'.