PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Blood is boiling - The CAA (licencing)
Old 5th Aug 2003, 02:56
jezbowman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I posted my application on the 14th July and then read this thread at about 10:30 this morning (4th August). I too have only included a photocopy of my passport - not the original.

So panic stricken I began penning an e-mail to FCL to see if I could send in my passport so it would be there ready for the appication (didn't want them to send the WHOLE lot back and have to start again!).

Got about half way thorugh typing when my phone rang. "Hello, Mr. Bowman? This is the CAA". "We have opened your application today and all is in order but there is a small problem in that we need your passport, or a FTO certified copy of it".

So at lunch I made a mad dash home to get it, posted it Special Delivery and now wait again.

I asked how long it would be, assuming they get the PP tomorrow. He said "it's hard to say. We're very busy. Probably the end of the week or early next week". Which seems quite promising....

Why they have been sending EVERYTHING back to people and then 'back of the queing' them is hard to see when all they need is a passport posting...