PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is it with Flying Schools
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2003, 23:27
VFR800

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is it with Flying Schools

they seem to have less commerical awareness than Mr Magoo !

Picture the scene, it's Saturday, the weather is fantastic, better in fact, than free beer at the world Page 3 bikini mud-wrestling competition.

Ring, ring, "Hi, it's X flying school here, I know you haven't flown since the 1st July what with the airfield being shut for 2 weekend's in a row and us bogging off on holiday (as well as the time you took the afternoon off work, drove for an hour and we'd gone home) etc etc. Bad news, the kite won't start.

Oh, haven't you got another?

Err, well, no, we've hired the other one out for a weeks Camel herding in Katmandu and the Jurrasic era 172 is on another lesson where a spotty youf is trying to ding the prop.

Well, can you fix it in time my lesson, please, pretty please, desperate avaition mad indvidual who just wants his flying fix.

Err, tell you what, we'll give it a go. Thing is, we haven't run it for a couple of days and left it parked out in a monsoon, so it could be a bit on the damp side !"

Ring ring, "Hi, nope it's shafted, sorry, see you next weekend then"

AAAaaaarrrggghhhhhhhh, followed by expletives .

Now I'm in a quandry, I've nearly finished my soddin PPL and don't really want the hassle of going to another club, they've got some of my money and my instructor is bloody good (as well as being rather fanciable), so what do I do?

Why can't clubs be a bit more savvy, I mean we pay through the nose, they seem to think that Joe PPL will just part with his (or her) money and take whatever crap customer service and moth-eaten old Piper that comes his or her way.

That's better, I've got it off my chest now!