PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to put our UAE type raratings on our home country licenses
Old 14th Sep 2016, 01:01
lospilotos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CorrectSensing
Hello all,

I have scoured the forum for some accurate information on this, but cannot seem to find any, but I expect it may be a common issue among UAE license holders......

I simple wish to get my UAE type rating (777/787) back onto a UK license.

I currently have an Irish JAR ATPL license which I've got until next year to switch over to EASA before it expires, however I ultimately wish to get a UK issue EASA license and somehow get my UAE rating onto it.

I have read that it may be possible to put the ratings onto the Irish license as part of the change to an irish issue EASA, and then possibly convert the whole lot to UK issue as a paperwork exercise, however I have no first hand information on this, only speculation....

I would be grateful to hear if anyone in a similar situation has achieved this, and how is the best way to go about it please? (Either by PM or by thread as appropriate)

I am in the process of asking the IAA/ UK CAA directly but awaiting a response, just wondering if anyone had the specifics to hand?

Thank you into advance for any help, will be highly appreciated.

CS
Easy as pie,at least with IAA that I did. Just email [email protected], attach copies of your current EASA medical, GCAA license/medical, your latest LPC report and you're on your way. A small fee of couple hundred EUR will incur down the road.