PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Now Dragonair Direct entry FO.
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2016, 17:53
Luggage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Training department

Can we please have the run down on the training department and management regarding firing of FO and captain for training issues, bad performance and so forth.

Seems a lot of people are saying pilots both FO and CA are getting sacked for very poor reasons which is ruining lives and careers.

I ask because I have my second interview coming up end of next month to do sim and am currently in a good stable job in the US flying jets here but all my family live in Australia so would like to be close to them.

Is KA very much a totalitarian regime of do as I say or you are immediately sacked? Im looking for some genuine experiences and cases of unfair training sackings or being sacked for not jumping thru hoops.

I have no kids but am very hesitant to drag my wife all the way to HK to find out it is a living hell due to totally uncompromising management and their rules especially as we are both happy in our jobs even if the money in HK is a lot better.

I did the calculations and we would save more money there as she would work also but I really got to know if it is worth it. Im in a US regional, money is not great, not too bad either but we dont get sacked because a manager/trainer is having a bad hair day.

If we screw up we own up, get further training and thats it, no threat of getting fired unless its something like drinking on the job.

Really interested to hear about genuine concerns and cases of unfair dismissal.

Cheers fellow aviators.