PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 6
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2016, 17:36
jamesgrainge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cautious Optimist
Thanks for the votes of confidence P330/Lancelot, but my mind is made up. I'm fed up of being made to look like a tt because I [quite rightly] cannot share what I hear. Hence why I am so keen on facts, yet as onion is quick to point out I don't deliver any myself - it's not that I don't have any, it's that they're often commercially confidential.

highwide...for a brief moment there with that first line you nearly had me eating humble pie and issuing you with a profuse apology, then I read the second paragraph. No we do not all agree on that, even if 90% of the forum takes your side, that doesn't mean 90% of people are correct.

Here's a question for you all, let's pretend for a moment Peel ceased trading tomorrow. Who would take-over? Your answers should meet the following criteria:- A) there would be in your honest opinion no question over their intentions for the airport site B) they must be financially responsible, i.e. they would need to continue to reduce the annual loss with a view to turning a profit some day (not someone blindly throwing money at the place and ultimately hemorrhaging cash a la Southend)
The answer is C) None of the above. The airport would be closed, unless the MOD would be willing to plug the gap?