PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2016, 11:30
cj241101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
https://vimeo.com/181682475 For a journey through the "new" airport. (don't forget to select HD) Got to say it does look good.
The video brings to mind some questions, of course. The top of the bridge/walkway looks more like glass than the (already much commented on) awful opaque plastic it is at the moment. Is pier B really going to have 5 aircraft stands? or is the last EZY actually on taxiway D? Maybe it is, although there seems to be another yellow stand centreline to the left of the Wizz. (Perhaps it's just for EMB145/CRJ operators). There also seems to be a lack of an airside road serving pier B (see my post 4851 if you really want my opinion on passengers and airside roads again....), only the road at the back of the stands. Servicing vehicles have to get to the front of an aircraft somehow. Glad I'm not driving that fuel bowser or the pushback tug! Which brings me to something else on my wish list which could/should have been included - fixed electrical power (like proper airports have). Save dragging GPU's around the airport which in turn would a) reduce traffic congestion airside b) cut the pollution levels (noise as well as diesel fumes/smoke) and c) ease the pressure on overloaded ramp staff. And of course airbridges would further help by reducing the number of steps being dragged around. Dream on.

Of course the video looks good - it wouldn't have been uploaded if it didn't. Let's hope the reality matches it!