PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 6
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2016, 18:14
jamesgrainge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cautious Optimist
So, having had a long hard think over the last few days, I've decided to call it a day. With the exception of any direct replies to this particular post, I'm done with PPRuNe.

Some things I've learned over the years is you can't beat a conspiracy theorist as they always have an answer and you can't beat an armchair CEO as they have to have the last word. But the most important thing I've finally learned, is to keep quiet and just say nothing, something which I've been repeatedly advised over the years by the many other supporters of the airport, who just watch from the sidelines and laugh at the ridiculousness of some of the comments on the likes of here and over at "SAVE Teesside Airport" on Facebook, who by the way are manipulative liars who like to twist facts and whom I loathe, you guys on here are a pleasure in comparison.

Just some thoughts on some of the regulars on here...Beafer/Highwide, I along with others have never found it difficult to shoot down your arguments, they never hold much weight, that is when you aren't asking the same question just worded differently over and over. SWBKCB...you look both ways - when you support the airport you do so with an enthusiasm but the same applies when you criticise, but at least when you do your reservations about Peel are logical and make sense, I respect that. Onion, you stated you have supported the airport since long before I came on the scene, well my understanding is you're no longer on the scene - well I am, that makes me more clued up on current and future events. Jamesgrainge - your posts have an aggression about them and when the airport turns it's fortunes around I think you will be rather devastated as you appear to want the airport to fail. Robert-Ryan, again you look both ways, though your support far outweighs your criticising - keep flying the flag! N707ZS - always a calm, impartial response, when you're not attacking Beafer that is!!

Finally, as I've said before, my optimism is not based on my own personal hope that the airport is in good hands and will bounce back one day, it is based on what I see, hear and read Peel doing with my own eyes and ears - much of which is confidential, and as SWBKCB said, claiming you know something but can't say is a playground game, however...if it's true, then it's true.
Cheers for the feature mush, no aggression here, just text speak. Good luck to you. This thread will become rather quiet now though.

Does anyone else here find it ironic that sitting back and saying nothing is almost exactly what this slightly inflammatory post does not do?