PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2016, 16:25
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just old enough to remember about 10 years ago when NCL was one of the fastest growing in the UK and I also wonder what happened (obviously, competition happened, in the wrong places)

I am proud of NCL for the balance we have, I just think it's a little frustrating that we're being limited by said competition. If emirates were stupid enough to go into EDI any time soon that would be a huge nail in the coffin I think

I've just gotten off a train from Edinburgh and I noticed the very same thing. I was there for 4 hours, saw 3 groups of Spanish people, 1 of Portugese, countless Americans (almost everyone was!), the same for Chinese, and I went into a pub opposite Waverley, the pub at the front was all Scots, but in the restaurant in the back I was the only brit, 2 groups of Germans made friends because they heard eachother talking

That's a good thing! And it's obviously a very very cosmopolitan city, I just wish the North East was that little bit more on the tourist map. As you say, I'd hate us to be overrun, but we do have a lot to offer (obviously not to first time visitors, we can't compete with London)

And for the record that's a pathetic comment, I want a 2nd daily flight for many reasons, none come close to being due to my ambitions (And - might I add, why dampen them?) it's mainly because it opens up many more connections and offers better flight times for O&D, you don't lose 2 nights as you do now if you use the evening flight.

fl dutchman, nail on the head there! I wish we'd been bought by MAG or GIP, they both run airports very well! Not to say our management don't but there would have been more scope for growth, and existing airline partners under either of those