PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEFO back at CX
Thread: DEFO back at CX
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2016, 23:12
raven11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STP

What does my continuing to train have to do with my belief in the premise that hiring experienced pilots is better than hiring candidates with no experience?
In light of my disagreeing with the fuel hedging policy, does my continuing to train make me a hypocrite? One has nothing to do with the other, so try to remain focused on my arguements.

In your post #285 you said it would be your last comment on this issue, but it wasn't.
Then in post #289 you said it would be your final word.....but then that wasn't.

For goodness sake, the most famous pilot in the world disagrees with you. If Capt. Sully Sullenberger's statements on the subject are suggesting that you are wrong, and yet you continue to argue....BINGO.......

Here is another quote from Sullenberger:

"Sullenberger cautioned that airlines were under "pressure to hire people with less experience. Their salaries are so low that people with greater experience will not take those jobs. We have some carriers that have hired some pilots with only a few hundred hours of experience. ... There’s simply no substitute for experience in terms of aviation safety."

STP, just for you, let me repeat that last line....

"There’s simply no substitute for experience in terms of aviation safety."

Now step back from your keyboard, sit on your hands for 60 seconds and ponder....