PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2016, 11:47
AvGeek1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by planedrive
Can't help but feel next year is going to be rather a struggle for the airport as a whole but in particular for Monarch. Every route they serve (save for Eilat) is served by other carriers, and with Thomas Cook arriving, easyJet expanding down to the canaries and Thomson increasing on some of their routes, Monarch will have to compete just about everywhere they fly. Also interesting to note that they're ending Rome as Vueling are rumoured to be starting and Lanzarote just as easyJet are commencing services.
I agree totally, Monarch will definitely struggle at Luton more so next year. I knew that the Lanzarote service was ending, but I never knew about the Rome service being termianted, however it doesn't surprise me has easyJet have been doing very well on this route since it launched in October 2014. I think this is the main reason instead of those Vueling rumours. If this is a pattern then maybe we could see Monarh terminating their Naples service, which has easyJet and Thomson also operating.

I can't think of anywhere they could expand to from Luton without harsh competition. They could maybe try Madrid, like they have at Birmingham, and offer better timings to outdo easyJet?

Also does anyone know how their Tel Aviv and Eilat services are doing?