Thread: DEFO back at CX
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2016, 09:53
Steve the Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by raven11
STP
Sighhhhhhhhh......

It is also important to understand how critical it is to have a crew of TWO fully qualified pilots in every airline cockpit, not a captain and an apprentice. Every safety protocol airlines use is predicated on having two fully qualified pilots. The captain should be the leader of a team of experts, not an instructor teaching basic skills to a novice.
Thanks for reposting that snippet. Funnily enough, I actually read it the first time you quoted it. My question to you then is: how come you have been a willing participant in training at an airline that allows the very thing that Sully rails against in that particular quote? I'm not sure you can have it both ways but you seem to want to. "I don't agree with it but, hey, what can I do about it?" is hardly a solid defence of your position, in my humble opinion. It could be argued by some that your continued participation in training those who you seem to think shouldn't be on the flight deck in the first place is tacit approval of the 'new norm'.

STP