PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2016, 10:08
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHX/LTN

Giles

BHX arrivals is usually the main problem but from what I can gather it is the Cinderella of airport services especially for the 10 million plus airports and the focus is always on departures to make sure there is enough time to spend £££ in the shops.

I was panicking yesterday as our taxi was 30 minutes late picking us up for 06.55 departure from BHX but got there at 5.30 with a 10 minute bag drop and 5 minutes at sercurity (kudos) yet the airport was packed but it went beautifully. It was blatantly obvious where the airports focus is. The only person taking flak was me for picking a dodgy taxi company which stopped my 16 year old spending more money at the airport

One thing is for sure BHX will attract as much press attention as Luton if money is not spent on arrivals. Saturday's outbound Monarch fiasco seems to have been a coming together of several issues but it is the second major one of the season and it does little for the PR side of things.

Certainly enough going on to keep the LTN & BHX PR departments on their toes, not sure what Luton has next year but BHX has 4 Jet2 and one Thomas Cook extra based to throw into the mix so a busy 9 months of problem solving.

Pete