PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Ideas On First Twin Job
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2003, 10:47
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yourdreamin - there is no hard and fast answer. Had friend with you similar experience that got a job in NSW. He sent CV's to everyone and proceeded to visit them one by one.

The biggest problem people face at your level is getting fixated on one company and not being able to see what the others are doing. I did it, and I can see people doing it all the time. You tend to get this strange loyalty because they didn't slam the phone down on you. I suppose its human nature.

Anyway, the guys that do best are robots that can pretend to be human at the right times. They are ruthless and calculating -ALWAYS keeping one ear to the ground. That is what is required. These people progress that quickly that not even they can believe it. If you know one try and talk to them as its possible they have a list of twin operators that you have not even ever heard of.

Remember - you have not got the job until you are in the seat logging command and even then there are no guarantees.

As for Cairns... You could get lucky but I think its a place where you need multi to get a job. Knowing the right person helps too.

Best of luck to you

Mr. Hat