PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEFO back at CX
Thread: DEFO back at CX
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2016, 04:12
broadband circuit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have heard of a couple of exceptions....on the other fleet....but you would probably find exceptions like that in every airline.
Absolutely, every airline will have these clowns. The difference is in most airlines there's a system of checks and balances in place to counter these extreme outliers.

Cathay's training is not perfect, but in my opinion I think it is fair to say that it is one of the best.
Really??? 1 obtuse remark from a trainer in a report WILL result in an FO being assessed cat B or D, or will result in a trainee being either extended or removed from a course. No re-assessment with a different set of eyes, and only once have I ever heard of a checker being dragged in to explain the rubbish on their report.

And when the candidate tries to defend himself in the office and say that the report doesn't reflect actual events in any way, shape, or form, the response is along the lines of "once the report's submitted, it can't be changed", or "we'll add a note about that". How about the checker that eventually acknowledged that he'd written a comment on a PC that was from a different guy's PC the next day, but still refused to amend the report??

And don't give me the line about candidates only complaining about not making the standard. Yes, some candidates fail to make the standard, but the numbers we see in this airline, and the circumstances in which it happens is beyond what would be considered normal statistical probability.

One of the best??? Maybe one of the hardest, toughest, or most soul destroying, but one of the best??