PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad habits or just the real way to fly?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2016, 20:42
julietbravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't want to bag this guy, but either he's really lost or at that time got completely disorientated, because while doing the parallel entry after flying the reciprocal for 1 min, I started my (left) turn inbound (of a right hand holding pattern) and went through the coursebar to the holding side of the inbound then intercepted from there (as per parallel entry procedure) and he said at the time "you need to turn tighter, tighter" then once I went through to the hold side said "see now you've missed it, you've flown right through the inbound" as he obviously wanted my turn to intercept it from the non holding side. The wrong stuff that he is telling me is affecting my flying too because it makes it hard to trust the things he's telling me and concentrate as he's creating a lot of confusion.

The reason I've come to the forum is because this guy is the trainer for employment I have just gained. I have very limited experience so I wanted to be sure about these things before approaching him and talking to him about them because it's a really good opportunity and I don't want to put myself in the bad books already, before I've even done my OCA.