PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad habits or just the real way to fly?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2016, 13:50
Tee Emm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the book it says set an attitude (eg. 12-15 degrees on the a/h) to give the required airspeed for takeoff. So when I takeoff I just go straight to setting the attitude with reference to outside then confirm on the a/h that I'm at an attitude of between 12-15 degrees and wait for the airspeed to bleed back to what's required. Instead I am being told to pull right back above the attitude and the aircraft almost straight away is at airspeed then slowly lower the nose to maintain it.
Difficult to answer your first question from reading what you wrote as it doesn't make sense. What aircraft type? Sounds like a general aviation type with manually operated flight director where you say "set an attitude on the AH". If so, don't waste time on chasing a flight director. Learn to fly without it.

The advice given to you by your instructor on the other two questions is rubbish. It doesn't matter a rat's, re turning the heading bug before or after commencing the turn if manually flying. And re timing in the sector entry that you describe. Your instructor doesn't know his AIP that's for sure. Change instructors otherwise you risk wasting your money